Monday, July 28, 2008

GDC Blog Linked to Other Blogs, Study Shows

So last week I mentioned getting my act together. So how'd week one go?
Not as well as I'd intended, but my weigh-in this morning showed I lost 9-1/2 lbs. after one week of sort of having my act together. Not bad, I don't think. And it encourages me to keep up the intensity!

Element's worship service has been on break for three weeks, and I'm really missing preaching. I've begun studying some in Ephesians as prep for the series we're gonna do when we come back. It's called "The Supremacy of Christ: The Gospel According to Paul" and will focus mainly on Ephesians 2. My reading this morning just really stoked a fire in me. I can't wait till September 7 when I get to proclaim to our folks the incredible "riches of God's mercy" (Eph. 2:4).

Here are some links to get your week started off right . . .

C.J. Mahaney talks about Preaching Hell Well, highlighting some messages from the recent Resolved: Heaven and Hell Conference.

"The Missional Yoda" Ed Stetzer reflects on one year of blogging.

Rob Harrison (and C.S. Lewis) on humble apologetics

Shaun Groves on "typical Baptists"

Been at this church? Join the club. :-)

Speaking of atypical Baptists, pray for Tom Ascol.

Also, for Greg Laurie's family and his son's family.

God bless ya, blogosphere.

No comments: