Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back

Vacation is over. (long sigh)

We spent the last three days at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Waller, TX, and the girls had so much fun their heads almost exploded in funitudinosity. The drive back to Tennessee yesterday clocked in at about 14 hours. Got back home about 10:30 last night, sore from the drive and dead tired. But we got up early this morning, ready to get back to the grind. Beck went to work. I've already unpacked some of our suitcases and done two loads of laundry.

I actually missed preaching at Element last Sunday night, but Ray Ortlund spoke for me. Our technical director, John, was texting me quotable quotes from the message while Dr. Ortlund was delivering it, and I'm so thankful our folks got to hear such great, gospel-centered preaching from such a great, gospel-centered pastor.

Before we break from the worship service for the summer (returning Sep. 7), we've got Vision Night this coming Sunday night, and I'm really excited. Got some awesome stuff to share with the Element community, and I'm eager to get down to it. :-)

In addition to readying my vision night talk, I'm still finishing up some requested reworking of the Jesus book and about to begin some actual, honest-to-goodness financially compensated work. And it's in the general category of studying and writing, so that's nice. Been a while since anybody paid me to do stuff I'm good at.

Got several post ideas in the hopper. They'll be hitting the site soon.
Thanks for sticking around.

Peace

No comments: