1. I should really make the Quick Hits series a regularly scheduled weekly thing. But I probably won't.
2. If you missed it, genius Stephen Hawking says heaven is just a fairy tale for people afraid of the dark. N.T. Wright says, "Um, no." My friend David says "Yes, it is!" (David is a close friend from back in the day of Nashville. He was the admin pastor for our church plant there and is currently the mercy ministries director for Immanuel Church, where Ray Ortlund is pastor.)
3. Pascal's experience of God.
4. The Boston Celtics knocked out of the playoffs by the Miami Heat. Blech. This is all Danny Ainge's fault.
5. Will Willimon on factors contributing to small church stability.
6. The rapture will not be tomorrow. Not just 'cause his math is wrong but because a) this is not something we don't know for lack of math but something we don't know at all and b) there's no such thing as a two-phase parousia. ;-)
7. I recently signed with Threads Media to release another Bible study book (a la Abide). This one is tentatively titled Seven Daily Sins and looks at the so-called "seven deadly sins" as deeper than sinful behaviors, more as idolatrous dispositions we carry around every day, and how the gospel of Jesus satisfies the root needs these idols claim to fill. Look for Seven Daily Sins January-ish.
My tentative publishing schedule is here.