Monday, March 28, 2011

This Weekend: H-town

The first Gospel Wakefulness Conference is this coming weekend, Friday and Saturday, at Conroe Church of Christ in Conroe, TX. There is still time to register.

It will be my privilege to share from God's Word over 4 sessions on the importance of gospel-centrality, astonishment, and the wonderfulness of Jesus.

If you're in the Houston area, I hope to see you there.

On Sunday, I will be preaching on Mark 14:43-52 in both morning services at Crossbridge Church in Sugar Land, Texas.

If you're a reader of this blog, I wonder if you wouldn't mind taking the time to pray for me sometime between now and then. We have sickness in our home, so you could pray that I stay healthy. I'm not a big fan of air travel, so you could pray for smooth flights. I will be preaching 6 times over this weekend and talking to lots of people in between, and while I know many fellows do this each weekend, I don't: so you could pray for my stamina and voice.

Thank you.

5 comments:

Gabe said...

Sadly I won't be able to make it but I will definitely pray for you and your endurance. You will make much of Jesus and I am thankful that you are coming.

Chuck Dotson said...

Jared, can't make the conference in Conroe but I will be at Crossbridge to hear you preach. I'm praying for your health, safety, and stamina!

cjbooth85 said...

I wish I could go! I'll be praying for you -

Jen said...

Praying for you Jared.

Donna said...

We are praying. Your sermon on Sunday was like rain on parched land for Gary and me. Know that many this weekend will feel the same.