Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sounds Good Till You Actually Have to Do It

I'm reading Total Church by Tim Chester and Steve Timmis right now, and it is as awesome as I expected it to be. (I'll probably post a review when I'm done.)

Here's a money quote from my reading yesterday:
In our experience, people are often enthusiastic about community until it impinges upon their decision-making.

Yup.

And in my experience, people are often enthusiastic about community service until they have to give up a few hours on a weekend. :-)

3 comments:

Mike said...

Amen

Bob said...

People are usually enthusiastic about community until they meet the other people who make it up (especially when those people aren't "previewed and approved" before joining).

Unknown said...

Tim Chester keeps producing good material... his new book You Can Change is outstandning, as is his blog.