Monday, August 4, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Find Out What It Means to Link

Okay, so last week I shared my first week's progress in "having my act together," which was, just in case you forgot, the loss of 9 and 1/2 pounds, which is like losing a fat baby. I weighed this morning after week 2 and progress has slowed considerably. I lost a whopping 1/2 pound last week. It's fine by me, because: a) I only worked out twice last week, b) I cheated on my eating plan 2-3 times, c) it rounds out the previous 9.5 to make it a nice even 10 pounds, and d) at least I didn't gain anything.
But I can do better and will.

Some linkage:

I can't get no respect at Matt Chandler's new blog. I left two comments, both welcoming Matt to the blogosphere, one expressing that I have profited from his preaching, and both were not approved for publication by whoever moderates. Did I make somebody mad? Did they click my link and find Feist on "Sesame Street" at the top of my site and figure I wasn't worth promoting?
I can let it go, I guess, but if I ever comment there again and it gets zapped in moderation, I'm gonna be really paranoid.

Ed Stetzer has a rundown of the SBC blogosphere.

Leadership Journal is asking where all the Apostles, Prophets, and Evangelists have gone.

Rob Harrison reflects on the passing of Alexander Solzhenitsyn.
I feel bad because I have several of Solzhenitsyn's big books but have never read any of them.

My friend (and new boss) Glenn Lucke wants to know if being a dispensationalist or a covenantalist really makes any practical difference.

Dear Lord please make it stop.

No comments: