Monday, August 18, 2008

The End of an Era

It ends today. And begins.

Grace starts kindergarten today and thus ends my 7 year run as a stay-at-home dad. Okay, technically, I'm still a stay-at-home dad. I'm still a dad, and I still work from home. There's still after school hours and summers and what-not. But . . . yeah.

Gonna miss not having a chickadee at home with me. Grace has been my closest buddy for 2 years, and I've really enjoyed having so much daddy time with her since Macy started school, in the same way I enjoyed having Macy for 2 years before Grace was born. Not that I didn't enjoy having both of them together, but you know what I mean (I hope). Daddy-daughter time is special, important.

It's gonna be emotional this morning, for me and for Becky.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Said a prayer for you all this morning. Hope you all have an adventurous day.

Taylor McRae said...

You're in my thoughts today. Hope all goes well today with this big transition. :-).

Anonymous said...

Jared,
Aww...although I am not yet a parent, I can only imagine the emotions you may experience today. Did you already take her this morning to her 1st day at Kindergarten? How did it go?

In any case, bless you. Yes, it is the closing of one chapter, but an opening of another. You'll be able to share with her as she continues to grow into a lovely young lady!

~Amy :)
http://amyiswalkinginthespirit.blogspot.com

Milton Stanley said...

A big day, indeed, Jared. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Jared,

I didn't read this Monday but figure that you'll need prayer more than once in the coming days so I'll pray for you. As for emotional moments, there will be a whole stream of them as you raise girls :p but so many blessings also.

Sooner than you expect, you'll find yourself looking at pictures of the recent wedding, praying that God will bless your daughter's new home, and trying to straighten up what remains behind after the move as we are doing this week.

Treasure all the moments...and enjoy the time for your writing and other pursuits in ministry and with Becky.

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

You'll be alright, Big Daddy.... I've seen 4 of 'em pass through that "end of an era" door...

Of course, I almost went broke buying Kleenex... : -)

But, what I also want to know is...

Are you smarter than a 5th grader... heh heh heh...

cel

dle said...

Yeah, in the end it's a good thing.