Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Beautiful Scene

While the girls are in VBS this week, I've been hanging out close by in coffee shops and such, doing some writing and reading and what-not. Today I found myself at a little bistro in Bellevue called The Blue Goose because of its free wi-fi.

This is one happenin' little joint, let me tell you. I don't know why they have free wi-fi here, because I'm the only guy with a computer. I'm also the only guy. I'm also the only person under 60 (apparently).

This place is full -- and I mean full -- of little old ladies all dressed up. They're having tea and playing cards and laughing and telling stories. And it's awesome. This is a beautiful place to be right now.

(Here's a stealth pic I took of the foursome behind me who were playing Canasta (I think) when I got here, but are now enjoying lunch):

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I saw you pulling into that place this morning on my way to work ... I thought to myself, Jared's neither over 60 nor is he a little old lady ... wonder what he's doing there?

Spying, apparently :)

Milly said...

Sounds like a cool place.

Bob Spencer said...

Stealth pic? Who ARE you, James bond???