Friday, May 9, 2008

Jesus 24/7

It's all Jesus, all the time. He's the point of everything and the one who holds it all together. He's the answer to every question, the interpretation and application.

Okay, I'm exaggerating.
Except I'm not.

Some of my favorite bloggers are blogging hard on Jesus right now.

The iMonk already has 4 posts up in his new category, A Jesus-Shaped Spirituality.

Bob Spencer posts on Christ as the antidote to self-justification. It's an awesome piece; you should read it.
His post on all-satisfying grace is great too.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

-- Colossians 1:15-18

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know where else to post this so.....just want to say I'm loking forward to your review of "The Shack". Hope you don't dissappoint us.

Jared said...

Haha. Well, it'll have to wait a bit. I got 2 chapters in but have handed it off to my wife to read while I focus mainly on a Don DeLillo novel. I'll pick it back up when she's done, which shouldn't be too long, as she's making good time with it.
But I'll definitely share my thoughts.