Monday, February 11, 2008

Links Lift Us Up Where We Belong

Grammy passed away last Friday. She would have been 89 in June. She lived a good, long life, twenty years of it without Poppy, who died in 1987. The funeral is tomorrow in the city of my birth, Brownsville, TX. Prayers would be appreciated for my mother and her side of the family. We are a big family and a close-knit one.

Grammy is awesome. And she gets to be with Jesus now. So that's good.
She won't have to watch her game shows on mute up there, because her hearing will be great now.

Here are some quality links to get your week started off right . . .

The Thinklings look at Newsweek's look at Tim Keller

Bill Kinnon on America's true religion
Keep that in mind when you continue to hear fawning approval of "franchising churches."

C.J. Mahaney offers a short reading list of cross-centered books

A must-read: Shaun Groves reflects on visiting his Compassion child

More on hope: John Ortberg says you shouldn't delegate it

Here's something I am pondering much right now, as so many around me (and heck, I'll include myself) are experiencing so much brokenness right now:
Engaging Our Own Restoration

Happy surfing

2 comments:

Bill Kinnon said...

Praying for your family.

Anonymous said...

I'm continuing prayer for your family, Jared. Thanks for pointing to C.J. Mahaney's new blog it is very edifying and profitable.