Saturday, December 19, 2009

3 Things I Know About Myself and Others

1. Hurt people hurt people.

2. If Satan can't get me to be despondent through recall of my past sins, he will try to get me bitter and graceless by reminding me of others' sins against me. I may not always agree with his condemnation of myself, but he knows it's really easy to get me to say "Yeah!" to condemnation of others.

3. The key not just to appreciation of what I've got but to thankfulness in all things is recognizing I don't deserve anything good.

2 comments:

The Navy Christian said...

This is really true. That's one thing that happens to me a great deal of the time (when I'm not sinning). I get angry and judgmental, as well as resentful. Thank you for this reminder of who I should not be...I hope this will help me be more grateful in the future.

Mike said...

Simple, straightforward, and profound.